Tuesday, 30 October 2012

The Apprentice Weekly Challenges By Cameron

Yesterday we had our first group challenge. Every week we have to work in a group to create something to . This week we had to invent and create  two original catchphrases that encourage others to give. Each catchphrase needed to be presented attractively. The point of these weekly tasks is to help learn what our groups strengths and weaknesses are so we are prepared for the gala. I learned that my group needs to be split up evenly not just boy group and girl group.




Comment: The Spotty Pyjamas worked really well as a team. They listened and helped one another and everyone was participating and contributing which was great to see. The Spotty Pyjamas connected both catchphrases together through using the same rainbow background. This made it obvious that they were from the same designers. I'm not exactly sure how you second catchphrase encourages others to give? NS: Read the task carefully next time so you stay focused on your goal


Comment: Although the Supreme Sherbets were slow to make a start, I was impressed by the enthusiasm of the group. The 'Supreme Sherbet' used Pages and Kid Pix to create their creative catchphrases. I was impressed with the ideas behind both phrases. I thought the Supreme Sherbets used rhyme in a clever way to encourage others to support Starship. NS: Spend more time on your design, what colours and pictures reflect my message?



Although 'Paper Incorporated' struggled to work together at times, I was delighted with the way you reflected on this at the end of the lesson and thought about how you will improve on this next time. I like the design of the first catchphrase as the background refers to 'space' which was a clever idea. I'm not too sure what the second catchphrase is telling me? NS: Think about your colour choices, do they reflect the message behind your catchphrase.


The Xmas Craft Genius' decided to split their group into a boys team and a girls team. I was happy to see the thinking that happened afterwards when they mentioned that next time they might try mixing both genders together. The messages behind both catchphrases were of great quality. In relation to design the first catchphrase stands out because of the colours used, however the second catchphrase is quite hard to read. NS: spend more time on your design, choose colours pictures and words that match up with your message.

4 comments:

  1. Awesomr job everyone for the first challenge.Teno Pai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed doing the weekly challenges. I am really looking forward to doing another one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weekly challenges are really fun. I wonder what the challenge will be next week? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weekly challenges are really useful for leading up to the gala. I think our groups are doing really well. But it is just a question will we get it done in time?

    ReplyDelete